Name: ______________________________________________________ Period:___________
A. PLANT AND ANIMAL CELLS
Use the diagrams of the plant and animal cell to answer the questions that follow.
1. Which diagram represents a plant cell? ________________________________________
Which diagram represents an animal cell? ________________________________________
2. Compare and contrast the structures in the plant and animal cells by labeling the identified structures in the diagrams above.
3. How does the shape of the two cells differ? ____________________________________
4. How do the vacuoles differ in the plant and animal cells? _________________________
5. Are these prokaryotic or eukaryotic cells? How can you tell? ______________________
B. PROKARYOTIC AND EUKARYOTIC CELLS
Use the diagram of the prokaryotic cell to answer the questions that follow.
1. Label the structures in the prokaryotic cell as indicated in the diagram.
2. How does a prokaryotic cell differ from the eukaryotic cell? _______________________
3. Where is the chromatin (DNA) found in a prokaryotic cell? Where is it found in a eukaryotic cell? __________________________________________________________
4. What structures do prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells have in common? _______________
5. What is an example of a prokaryotic cell? ______________________________________