Chapter 7 Cell Review
1. Who first viewed and named cells?
2. What is a prokaryotic cell? Give an example.
3. What are the four cell parts common to all prokaryotic cells?
4. Why are ribosomes not considered organelles?
5. What is a eukaryotic cell? Give several examples.
6. Which two cell structures are found inside the nucleus?
7. Trace the path that a protein will take through a cell by placing the following organelles in order: Golgi apparatus, ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum.
8. Which organelle is made out of DNA?
9. What is the function of the following organelles: (I would suggest making notecards!!)
plasma membrane lysosomes
cell wall vacuoles
ER (both smooth and rough) cytoskeleton
Golgi apparatus mitochondria
10. Draw a picture of a mitochondria.
11. Draw a picture of a chloroplast.
12. Draw a picture of centrioles.
13. Draw a picture of the Golgi apparatus.
14. The cytoskeleton is made up of what two components?
15. What is the difference between the smooth and rough ER both structurally and functionally.
16. How is the function of the ER different from the function of the Golgi apparatus?
17. How is the function of the mitochondria different from the function of the chloroplast?
18. Name the six differences between plant cells and animal cells?
19. How are flagella and cilia the same?
Visit the following sites:
Back to help