Chapter 11 Review
1. Who is known as the “father of genetics”?
2. What does phenotype mean? Give an example.
3. What does genotype mean? Give an example.
4. What does homozygous mean?
5. What does heterozygous mean?
6. What is a gene? How many do we have for each trait?
7. What is an allele? Give an example.
8. What does the Rule of Dominance say?
9. What is a dominant allele? How do we represent a dominant allele?
10. What is a recessive allele? How do we represent a recessive allele?
11. In pea plants, green pod color is dominant to yellow pod color. What is the genotype of a homozygous green pea pod?
12. What is the genotype of a heterozygous pea pod?
13. What is the genotype of a yellow pea pod?
14. What does the Law of Segregation say?
15. What is a Punnett square? What do the letters across the top represent? What do the letter down the side represent?
16. What do the letters inside the four boxes represent?
17. What would be the cross between a homozygous green pea pod and a yellow pea pod?
18. What would be the cross between a heterozygous and another heterozygous pea pod?
19. What is the genotypic ratio of the offspring?
20. What is the phenotypic ratio of the offspring?
21. What is a dihybrid cross?
22. What would be the four possible gametes formed from a heterozygous, heterozygous plant (RrYy)?
23. What is the phenotypic ratio of a dihybrid cross?
24. What does the Law of Independent Assortment say?
Back to help